It is necessary for the teacher to guide the child without letting him feel her presence too much, so that she may always be ready to supply the desired help, but may never be the obstacle between the child and his experience.
—Dr. Maria Montessori
This program offers the perfect Montessori environment for children born late in the year or who are not yet ready for a five-day program. Students are welcomed into a prepared environment designed specifically to meet the needs of the sensitive periods of 3, 4 and 5 year old preschool students. Independence is fostered through practical life exercises, including, care of the person, care of environment, social relationships, and movement. Emphasis is placed on curriculum designed to target the development of concentration, self confidence, gross and fine motor skills, and early reading and math strategies, through self direction and motivation.
- The child to staff ratio is 8 to1.
- Children may be enrolled to attend 2, 3 or 5 days a week.
- There is a maximum of 21 children in each class.
- Half Day and Full Day options available.
- Must be at least 3 years old by December 1st . Children are expected to be toilet trained.